- eBook:Terraform Cookbook: Efficiently define, launch, and manage Infrastructure as Code across various cloud platforms
- Author:Mikael Krief
- Data:October 15, 2020
- Pages:366 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Description of Terraform Cookbook ebook
- Get up and running with the latest version of Terraform, v0.13
- Design and manage infrastructure that can be shared, tested, modified, provisioned, and deployed
- Work through practical recipes to achieve zero-downtime deployment and scale your infrastructure effectively
Book DescriptionHashiCorp Configuration Language (HCL) has changed how we define and provision a data center infrastructure with the launch of Terraform?one of the most popular and powerful products for building Infrastructure as Code. This practical guide will show you how to leverage HashiCorp's Terraform tool to manage a complex infrastructure with ease.
Starting with recipes for setting up the environment, this book will gradually guide you in configuring, provisioning, collaborating, and building a multi-environment architecture. Unlike other books, you'll also be able to explore recipes with real-world examples to provision your Azure infrastructure with Terraform. Once you've covered topics such as Azure Template, Azure CLI, Terraform configuration, and Terragrunt, you'll delve into manual and automated testing with Terraform configurations. The next set of chapters will show you how to manage a balanced and efficient infrastructure and create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules. Finally, you'll explore the latest DevOps trends such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and zero-downtime deployments.
By the end of this book, you'll have developed the skills you need to get the most value out of Terraform and manage your infrastructure effectively.
What you will learn
- Understand how to install Terraform for local development
- Get to grips with writing Terraform configuration for infrastructure provisioning
- Use Terraform for advanced infrastructure use cases
- Understand how to write and use Terraform modules
- Discover how to use Terraform for Azure infrastructure provisioning
- Become well-versed in testing Terraform configuration
- Execute Terraform configuration in CI/CD pipelines
- Explore how to use Terraform Cloud
Who this book is forThis book is for developers, operators, and DevOps engineers looking to improve their workflow and use Infrastructure as Code. Experience with Microsoft Azure, Jenkins, shell scripting, and DevOps practices is required to get the most out of this Terraform book.
Chapter 2: Writing Terraform Configuration
Chapter 3: Building Dynamic Environments with Terraform
Chapter 4: Using the Terraform CLI
Chapter 5: Sharing Terraform Configuration with Modules
Chapter 6: Provisioning Azure Infrastructure with Terraform
Chapter 7: Deep Diving into Terraform
Chapter 8: Using Terraform Cloud to Improve Collaboration