- eBook:WordPress 5 Cookbook: Actionable solutions to common problems when building websites with WordPress
- Author:Rakhitha Nimesh Ratnayake
- Data:March 21, 2020
- Pages:660 pages
- Format:PDF, ePUB
Description of WordPress 5 Cookbook ebook
- Build custom features and extend built-in features in WordPress with custom coding and plugins
- Get to grips with extending WordPress as an application framework
- Manage non-functional aspects of your website such as security, performance, and maintenance
Book DescriptionWordPress has been the most popular content management system (CMS) for many years and is now powering over 30% of all websites globally. With the demand for WordPress development and skilled developers ever-increasing, now is the best time to learn WordPress inside out.
This book starts with simple recipes for configuring WordPress and managing basic platform features. You'll then move on to explore how to install and customize WordPress plugins, widgets, and themes. The next few chapters cover recipes for content and user-management-related topics such as customizing the content display, working with content types, using the new Gutenberg editor, and customizing editorial workflow for building advanced blogs. As you advance, you'll learn how to use WordPress as an application framework as well as a platform for building e-commerce sites. This WordPress book will also help you optimize your site to maximize visibility on search engines, add interactivity, and build a user community to make the site profitable. Finally, you'll learn how to maintain a WordPress site smoothly while taking precautions against possible security threats.
By the end of the book, you'll have the tools and skills required to build and maintain modern WordPress websites with the latest technologies and be able to find quick solutions to common WordPress problems.
What you will learn
- Install and customize WordPress themes and plugins for building websites
- Develop modern web designs without the need to write any code
- Explore the new Gutenberg content editor introduced in WordPress 5 (Bebo)
- Use the existing WordPress plugins to add custom features and monetize your website
- Improve user interaction and accessibility for your website with simple tricks
- Discover powerful techniques for maintaining and securing your websites
- Extend built-in WordPress features for advanced website management
Who this book is forThis book is for beginners who want to build powerful modern websites with minimum coding knowledge and intermediate web developers who want to extend the basic features of WordPress to cater to advanced modern website technologies. Although prior experience with WordPress is not required, familiarity with basic PHP, HTML, and CSS is necessary to understand the concepts covered.
Chapter 2: Customizing Theme Design and Layout
Chapter 3: Using Plugins and Widgets
Chapter 4: Publishing Site Content with the Gutenberg Editor
Chapter 5: Managing Users and Permissions
Chapter 6: Setting up a Blogging and Editorial Workflow
Chapter 7: WordPress as an Application Framework
Chapter 8: Improving Usability and Interactivity
Chapter 9: Building E-Commerce Sites with WooComerce
Chapter 10: Troubleshooting WordPress
Chapter 11: Handling Performance and Maintenance
Chapter 12: Improving Site Security
Chapter 13: Promoting and Monetizing the Site