- eBook:The Definitive Guide to NetBeans™ Platform 7
- Author:Heiko Böck
- Edition:1st ed. edition
- Data:December 22, 2011
- Pages:592 pages
The Definitive Guide to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is a thorough and authoritative introduction to the open-source NetBeans Platform, covering all its major APIs in detail, with relevant code examples used throughout.
- Provides a completely updated definitive guide to the NetBeans Platform, using the latest APIs, coding patterns, and methodologies.
- Focuses strongly on business features in an application, since Oracle's customers are particularly interested in business-related aspects. For example, how to use OSGi, how to add authentication/security, how to monetize from a modular application.
All NetBeans Platform developers will gain something from this book, because several topics in the book have not been documented anywhere else.
What you’ll learn
- How to get started using the NetBeans Platform with or without using NetBeans IDE.
- How to set up a modular application, using either Ant or Maven as a build system.
- How to get acquainted with all the NetBeans Platform's APIs.
- How to work with the Visual Library as a very popular and powerful widget library, covering all its features in detail.
- How to model an application in OSGi/EMF and using the model in an application on the NetBeans Platform.
- How to distribute a modular application, focusing on different strategies for monetizing from its modular architecture.
Who this book is forThe Definitive Guide to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is for large enterprises who are not interested in reinventing the wheel whenever they create a new applications, and open source communities who typically benefit from a modular architecture, because a plugin system (as provided by the NetBeans Platform) simplifies how contributions can be made to a project.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Structure of the NetBeans Platform
Chapter 3: The NetBeans Module System
Chapter 4: The OSGi Framework
Chapter 5: Lookup Concept
Chapter 6: Actions
Chapter 7: Data and Files
Chapter 8: Tips and Tricks
Part 2: Look & Feel: Developing User Interfaces
Chapter 9: Menu Bar and Toolbar
Chapter 10: Window System
Chapter 11: Status Bar and Progress Bar
Chapter 12: Nodes and Explorer
Chapter 13: Dialogs and Wizards
Chapter 14: Visual Library
Chapter 15: Tips and Tricks
Part 3: Ready & Go: Using the NetBeans Platform Standard Modules
Chapter 16: Help System
Chapter 17: Output Window
Chapter 18: Navigator
Chapter 19: Properties
Chapter 20: Options and Settings
Chapter 21: Palette
Part 4: Use & Extend: Advanced APIs of the NetBeans Platform & ID
Chapter 22: Palette API
Chapter 23: Task List API
Chapter 24: Quick Search API
Chapter 25: Auto Update Services API
Part 5: Server & Database: Enterprise Applications and the NetBeans Platform
Chapter 26: Java DB
Chapter 27: Hibernate
Chapter 28: Java Persistence API
Chapter 29: MySQL and EclipseLink
Chapter 30: Web Services
Chapter 31: Java Enterprise Edition and the NetBeans Platform
Chapter 32: RESTful Web Services
Chapter 33: Authentication and Multi-User Login
Part 6: Pack & Ship: Adapting, Delivering, and Actualizing Applications
Chapter 34: Internationalization and Localization
Chapter 35: Branding and Packaging Application
Chapter 36: Updating a NetBeans Platform Application
Part 7: Test & Tooling: Developing and Testing NetBeans Platform Applications
Chapter 37: Maven and the NetBeans Platform
Chapter 38: Eclipse IDE and the NetBeans Platform
Chapter 39: From Eclipse to NetBeans
Chapter 40: IntelliJ IDEA and the NetBeans Platform
Chapter 41: NetBeans Swing GUI Builder
Chapter 42: Testing NetBeans Platform Applications
Chapter 43: Debugging with the NetBeans IDE
Part 8: Play & More: Developing an MP3-Manager
Chapter 44: Sample Project: MP3 Manager