- eBook:Android 3.0 Animations: Beginner’s Guide
- Author:Alex Shaw
- Data:November 1, 2011
- Pages:304 pages
- The first and only book dedicated to creating animations for Android apps.
- Covers all of the commonly used animation techniques for Android 3.0 and lower versions.
- Create stunning animations to give your Android apps a fun and intuitive user experience.
- A step-by-step guide for learning animation by building fun example applications and games.
An enjoyable, understandable, and eye-catching user interface is a key part of getting users to love your app. Users today expect a polished multimedia experience on their mobile device, and animation is a core part of that. The Android operating system is at the forefront of tablet and smartphone technology, and there is a plethora of opportunities for developing exciting applications with animation.
Android 3.0 Animations Beginner's Guide will introduce each of the most popular animation techniques to you. Using step-by-step instructions, you will learn how to create interactive dynamic forms, moving graphics, and 3D motion.
You will be taken on a journey from simple stop motion animations and fades, through to moving input forms, then on to 3D motion and game graphics.
In this book, you will create standalone animated graphics, three-dimensional lifts, fades, and spins. You will become adept at moving and transforming form data to bring boring old input forms and displays to life. Learn how game programmers create fast animations on the fly, and also build live wallpapers to liven up your users home-screens!
If you are tired of writing lifeless interfaces and want to add some animated excitement, this is the book for you!
A step-by step guide for creating, testing, and making use of stunning animations for android applications and games.
What you will learn from this book
- Create animated graphics from a set of still images
- Fade between graphical elements
- Move, distort, and generally mess around with parts of your user interface
- Create Dazzling 3D motion with a few simple principles
- Strip back the Android user interface to create fast animated graphics on the fly
- Experience striking results by changing your animation's rhythm
- Create a live wallpaper to bring motion to your home-screen
- Design your animations to look great and work well on different Android devices
Written in Packt's Beginner's Guide series, this book takes a step-by-step approach with each chapter made up of three to five tutorials that introduce and explain different animation concepts. All concepts are explained with real-world examples that are fun to read and work with.
Who this book is written for
If you are familiar with developing Android applications and want to bring your apps to life by adding smashing animations, then this book is for you. The book assumes that you are comfortable with Java development and have familiarity with creating Android Views in XML and Java. The tutorials assume that you will want to work with Eclipse, but you can work just as well with your preferred development tools.
Chapter 2: Frame Animations
Chapter 3: Tweening and Using Animators
Chapter 4: Animating Properties and Tweening Pages
Chapter 5: Creating Classes for Tween Animation
Chapter 6: Using 3D Visual Techniques
Chapter 7: 2D Graphics with Surfaces
Chapter 8: Live Wallpapers
Chapter 9: Practicing Good Practice and Style