- eBook:Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial
- Author:Christian Screen, Haroun Khan, Adrian Ward
- Data:July 19, 2012
- Pages:620 pages
- Get to grips with the OBIEE 11g suite for analyzing and reporting on your business data
- Immerse yourself in BI upgrading techniques, using Agents and the Action Framework and much more in this book and e-book
- A practical, from the coalface tutorial, bursting with step by step instructions and real world case studies to help you implement the suite’s powerful analytic capabilities
The Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE) suite delivers a full range of analytic and reporting capabilities, coupled with powerful user experience for creating reports, dashboards and more with your business data. "Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial" will have you unleashing that power in no time, helping you to take action and make the right decisions ataglance.
"Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial" provides you with valuable insight and the step-by-step know-how you need to take advantage of everything the Oracle BI suite has to offer you, all utilizing real world case studies for a true implementation in action.
"Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands- on Tutorial" takes you on a journey right from inception to a full working OBI 11g System. Using a real-world data walkthrough you'll explore topics like architecture, reporting and leveraging Essbase as a data source, as well as building the Oracle BI 11g metadata repository (RPD), and developing reports and dashboards in the new Fusion Middleware interface. This practical implementation guide equips you with from the coalface advice which will help you achieve a successful working application by journey's end.
What will you learn from this book
- Run though a full sample upgrade from a 10g repository using the upgrade assistants
- Discover valuable best practices for designing a reporting database
- Go further with your dashboard knowledge by implementing changes to standard colors, graphics and messages
- Demonstrate how Agent options affect report delivery
- Quickly get up and running with BI Publisher and learn to publish reports with bursting and scheduling
- Speed up your OBIEE system with performance best practices such as Scale out and Caching
- Go beyond out of the box solutions and develop great management tools
- Make your knowledge stick by ending each chapter with a self review and further learning resources
"Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands- On Tutorial" is a practical, from the coalface tutorial for beginner to intermediate readers. You'll benefit from plenty of emphasis on the introduction of new features of the suite and go further with step by step instructions from the experts.
Who this book is written for
If you are a BI developer or analyst who wants to get practical with your OBIEE 11g knowledge, "Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g: A Hands-On Tutorial" is for you. You will also find it helpful as a technical administrator, consultant or end user.
You should already have a good command of general BI practices and Oracle database, but no knowledge of Oracle BI 11g is required.
Chapter 2: Installing the Metadata Repository
Chapter 3: Installing on Windows Server 2008
Chapter 4: Installation Options
Chapter 5: Understanding the Systems Management Tools
Chapter 6: Upgrading the RPD and Web Catalog to 11g
Chapter 7: Reporting Databases
Chapter 8: Developing a BI Repository
Chapter 9: Features of the Presentation Catalog
Chapter 10: Creating Dashboards and Analysis
Chapter 11: Agents and the Action Framework
Chapter 12: Developing Reports Using BI Publisher
Chapter 13: Customizing the Style of Dashboards
Chapter 14: Improving the Performance
Chapter 15: Using the BI Admin Change Management Utilities
Chapter 16: Usage Tracking
Chapter 17: Oracle Essbase and OLAP Integration