- eBook:jQuery Mobile Web Development Essentials
- Author:Raymond Camden, Andy Matthews
- Data:May 3, 2012
- Pages:246 pages
- Create websites that work beautifully on a wide range of mobile devices with jQuery mobile
- Learn to prepare your jQuery mobile project by learning through three sample applications
- Packed with easy to follow examples and clear explanations of how to easily build mobile-optimized websites
jQuery Mobile is a unified, HTML5-based user interface system for all popular mobile device platforms. It is compatible with all major mobile, tablet, e-reader and desktop platforms like iOS, Android, Blackberry, Palm WebOS, Nokia/Symbian, and Windows Phone 7.
jQuery Mobile Web Development Essentials will explain how to create mobile-optimized sites with the easiest, most practical HTML/jаvascript framework available and to add the framework to your HTML pages to create rich, mobile-optimized web pages with minimal effort.
Throughout the book, you'll learn details that help you become a pro at mobile web development. You begin with simple HTML and quickly enhance it using jQuery Mobile for incredible mobile-optimized sites. Start by learning the building blocks of jQuery Mobile's component-driven design. Dig into forms, events, and styling, then finish by building native mobile applications. You will learn how to build websites and apps for touch devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry with the recently developed jQuery Mobile library through sample applications of increasing complexity.
What you will learn from this book
- Use simple HTML to create mobile-optimized sites
- Create a custom jQuery UI widget using the widget library
- Structure your sites for browsing on mobile devices
- Include forms for interactive sites
- Convert desktop sites into mobile versions
- Theme your jQuery Mobile site
- Create native applications
This book will be an introductory guide to the new jQuery mobile framework. It will teach web developers how to use this new framework to develop interactive, cross-platform mobile web applications.
Who this book is written for
If you are a web developer looking to create mobile optimized websites, then this book is for you.
Basic knowledge of HTML is required. Some familiarity with jаvascript will help, but is not required.
Chapter 2: Working with jQuery Mobile Pages
Chapter 3: Enhancing Pages with Headers, Footers, and Toolbars
Chapter 4: Working with Lists
Chapter 5: Getting Practical – Building a Simple Hotel Mobile Site
Chapter 6: Working with Forms and jQuery Mobile
Chapter 7: Creating Modal Dialogs, Grids, and Collapsible Blocks
Chapter 8: jQuery Mobile Configuration, Utilities, and jаvascript methods
Chapter 9: Working with Events
Chapter 10: Moving further with the Notekeeper Mobile Application
Chapter 11: Enhancing jQuery Mobile
Chapter 12: Creating Native Applications
Chapter 13: Becoming an expert - Build an RSS Reader application