- eBook:The Ruby Programming Language: Everything You Need to Know
- Author:David Flanagan, Yukihiro Matsumoto
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:February 4, 2008
- Pages:448 pages
- David Flanagan, bestselling author of programming language "bibles" (including jаvascript: The Definitive Guide and Java in a Nutshell) and committer to the Ruby Subversion repository.
- Yukihiro "Matz" Matsumoto, creator, designer and lead developer of Ruby and author of Ruby in a Nutshell, which has been expanded and revised to become this book.
- why the lucky stiff, artist and Ruby programmer extraordinaire.
The book also includes a long and thorough introduction to the rich API of the Ruby platform, demonstrating -- with heavily-commented example code -- Ruby's facilities for text processing, numeric manipulation, collections, input/output, networking, and concurrency. An entire chapter is devoted to Ruby's metaprogramming capabilities.
The Ruby Programming Language documents the Ruby language definitively but without the formality of a language specification. It is written for experienced programmers who are new to Ruby, and for current Ruby programmers who want to challenge their understanding and increase their mastery of the language.
2. The Structure and Execution of Ruby Programs
3. Datatypes and Objects
4. Expressions and Operators
5. Statements and Control Structures
6. Methods, Procs, Lambdas, and Closures
7. Classes and Modules
8. Reflection and Metaprogramming
9. The Ruby Platform
10. The Ruby Environment