- eBook:Django 2 Web Development Cookbook: 100 practical recipes on building scalable Python web apps with Django 2, 3 edition
- Author:Jake Kronika, Aidas Bendoraitis
- Data:October 31, 2018
- Pages:544 pages
- Format:PDF, MOBI
- Discover solutions to a variety of web application scenarios by leveraging the power of the Django framework
- Understand URL routing, models, forms, templates, and RESTful services with Django 2.14
- Test, deploy, and scale your web applications efficiently with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Book DescriptionDjango is a framework designed to balance rapid web development with high performance. It handles high levels of user traffic and interaction, integrates with a variety of databases, and collects and processes data in real time. This book follows a task-based approach to guide you through developing using the Django 2.1 framework.
You'll get started by setting up and configuring Docker containers and a virtual environment for your project. Next, you'll learn how to write reusable pieces of code for your models and manage database changes. You'll then work with forms and views to enter and list data, and even apply practical examples using both templates and jаvascript for the optimum user experience. This Django cookbook will also help you adjust the built-in Django administration to fit your needs and boost security and performance to make your web applications as robust, scalable, and dependable as possible. A dedicated section will later guide you on how to use Django CMS, the popular content management suite. Finally, you'll get up to speed with programming and debugging tricks. The book's systematic approach will also help you easily collect data from different sources and provide it to others in various formats.
By the end of this book, you'll have the skills you need to test and deploy projects to a remote dedicated server and scale your application to meet user demand.
What you will learn
- Learn how to set up the basic configuration necessary to start any Django project
- Build a database structure out of reusable model mixins
- Secure web applications against malicious usage and address common performance bottlenecks
- Integrate and extend the Django CMS
- Construct and manage complex and deep hierarchies
- Import data from local sources and external web services and export it to third parties
Who this book is forThis book is for Python developers working on fast and secure web apps that can scale over time. You'll also find this book useful if you want to upgrade to the latest Django framework. Knowledge of Python 3 along with a basic understanding of the Django framework will be beneficial.
2. Database Structure and Modeling
3. Forms and Views
4. Templates and jаvascript
5. Customizing Template Filters and Tags
6. Model Administration
7. Security and Performance
8. Django CMS
9. Hierarchical Structures
10. Importing and Exporting Data
11. Bells and Whistles
12. Testing and Deployment