- eBook:Beginning Web Development, Silverlight, and ASP.NET AJAX: From Novice to Professional
- Author:Laurence Moroney
- Edition:1st ed. edition
- Data:March 7, 2008
- Pages:427 pages
It adopts a “zero to hero” approach that concentrates on achieving practical results you can use in real projects rather than presenting a deep academic treatment that can’t be immediately applied.
The aim is to give you, the reader, the knowledge you need to achieve the results you want with the minimum of fuss. When you’ve read this book, you’ll have a solid understand of all the techniques that are available, when to use them, and their relative strengths and weaknesses.
What you’ll learn
- Create next–generation web applications quickly and easily!
- Manipulate data, display information, and communicate with other services using the latest ASP.NET techniques and best practices
- Discover how the .NET 3.0 extensions (WPF, WCF, and WF) can make your web applications faster, more efficient, and easier to code than ever
- Understand how ASP.NET AJAX and Silverlight can be integrated into your ASP.NET websites in order to provide a cutting–edge user interface for your applications and the implications that such interfaces can have
Who this book is forThis book is for anyone with an interest in using Microsoft’s web development technologies.
A basic familiarity with the .NET platform is useful, but anyone with an understanding of a web development language will benefit from the book, as all the key topics are presented from first principles.
Chapter 1. Introduction to Web Development
Chapter 2. Basics of Web Development with ASP.NET
Chapter 3. Web Forms with ASP.NET
Chapter 4. Data Binding with ASP.NET
Chapter 5. ASP.NET Web Services
Chapter 6. Deploying Your Web Site
PART 2 Next Generation Technologies for Web Development
Chapter 7. .NET 3.0: Windows Communication Foundation
Chapter 8. .NET 3.0: Windows Presentation Foundation
Chapter 9. .NET 3.0: Windows Workflow Foundation
Chapter 10. .NET 3.0: Programming with CardSpace
Chapter 11. Ajax Applications and Empowering the Web User Experience
Chapter 12. AJAX Extensions for ASP.NET
Chapter 13. Ajax Scripts and Services
Chapter 14. jаvascript Programming with ASP.NET AJAX
Chapter 15. Enhancing the Web Experience with Silverlight
Chapter 16. Programming Silverlight with XAML and jаvascript