- eBook:Foundations of Atlas: Rapid Ajax Development with ASP.NET 2.0
- Author:Laurence Moroney
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:November 2, 2006
- Pages:336 pages
Microsoft Atlas is a web-client framework that makes building Ajax-style applications easier. It provides a prewritten framework that gives you a structured environment in which to work. Atlas also provides you with an object model and standardized debugging to make development faster and simpler.
Ajax is a way of combining a number of Web technologies including jаvascript, dynamic HTML, and a feature known as XMLHttp (which reduces the need for client browsers to constantly reconnect to the server every time new information is downloaded). But at the moment, people developing with Ajax have to write their code from the ground up, which is complex and time consuming.
The book guides you through a series of practical examples that demonstrate the Atlas framework and available controls. After reading this book, youll be able to compile a seamless Atlas-based application of your own!
- In anticipation of changes during development of the Atlas technology, the updated source code is posted for download on the author's blog, www.philotic.com/blog.
- This book demystifies the Atlas technology and shows you how to work with it.
- The first book dedicated to this revolutionary new technology.
- Written by an experienced .NET author in collaboration with the Atlas development team.
CHAPTER 2. Atlas: Taking Ajax to the Next Level
CHAPTER 3. Atlas: Making Client-Side jаvascript Easier
CHAPTER 4. Introducing Client Controls in Atlas.
CHAPTER 5. Using Client Controls in Atlas
CHAPTER 6. Introducing Server Controls in Atlas
CHAPTER 7. Using Server Controls in Atlas.
CHAPTER 8. Data Binding in Atlas
CHAPTER 9. Using the AtlasUIGlitz Library
CHAPTER 10. Mapping with Atlas
CHAPTER 11. Building a Sample Application with ASP.NET and Atlas