- eBook:Spring Roo in Action, 1 edition
- Author:Ken Rimple, Srini Penchikala
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:April 22, 2012
- Pages:408 pages
About the Technology
Roo is a lightweight Java console shell that simplifies compile-time tasks. It improves productivity by enforcing correct coding practices and patterns and integrates with mainstream Java technologies, including ActiveMQ, GWT, JPA, and OSGi. And, when you finish coding, it gets out of the way so there's no runtime impact.
About the Book
Spring Roo in Action teaches you to code Java more efficiently using Roo. With the help of many examples, it shows you how to build application components from the database layer to the user interface. The book takes a test-first approach and points out how Roo can help automate many of the mundane details of coding Java apps. Along the way, you'll address important topics like security, messaging, and cloud computing.
This book is for Java developers who want to get more productive by using Roo.
- Learn Roo from the ground up
- Integrate with existing projects
- Create custom add-ons
- Use Roo with Spring
1. What is Spring Roo?
2. Getting started with Roo
PART 2 DATABASES AND ENTITIES
3. Database persistence with entities
4. Relationships, JPA, and advanced persistence
PART 3 WEB DEVELOPMENT
5. Rapid web applications with Roo
6. Advanced web applications
7. RIA and other web frameworks
8. Configuring security
PART 4 INTEGRATION
9. Testing your application
10. Enterprise services—email and messaging
11. Roo add-ons
12. Advanced add-ons and deployment
PART 5 ROO IN THE CLOUD
13. Cloud computing
14. Workflow applications using Spring Integration