- eBook:Artificial Intelligence for Games, 2 edition
- Author:Ian Millington, John Funge
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:August 6, 2009
- Pages:896 pages
"Artificial Intelligence for Games - 2nd edition" will be highly useful to academics teaching courses on game AI, in that it includes exercises with each chapter. It will also include new and expanded coverage of the following: AI-oriented gameplay; Behavior driven AI; Casual games (puzzle games).
* The first comprehensive, professional tutorial and reference to implement true AI in games written by an engineer with extensive industry experience.
* Walks through the entire development process from beginning to end.
* Includes examples from over 100 real games, 10 in-depth case studies, and web site with sample code.
Chapter 1. Introduction
Chapter 2. Game AI
Part 2: Techniques
Chapter 3. Movement
Chapter 4. Pathfinding
Chapter 5. Decision Making
Chapter 6. Tactical and Strategic AI
Chapter 7. Learning
Chapter 8. Board Games
Part 3: Supporting Technologies
Chapter 9. Execution Management
Chapter 10. World Interfacing
Chapter 11. Tools and Content Creation
Part 4: Designing Game AI
Chapter 12. Designing Game AI
Chapter 13. AI-Based Game Genres