- eBook:iOS 8 SDK Development: Creating iPhone and iPad Apps with Swift
- Author:Chris Adamson, Janie Clayton
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:March 29, 2015
- Pages:300 pages
Whether you're starting out or starting over, iOS 8 has set developers on a new path. With a capable and practical new programming language, a wide variety of new features and frameworks, and a new spirit of openness and connectivity, it's a long way from the locked-down, webapps-only original iPhone.
iOS 8 SDK Development is a practical guide to the essentials of developing for iOS 8. You'll start building and revising a real app that's written entirely in Apple's new Swift programming language. You'll send network requests and handle the responses, build from one screen to many, adapt from the close confines of the iPhone screen to the wide expanse of the iPad, and accommodate the big iPhone 6 in between.
You'll master the fundamentals of keeping apps responsive with Grand Central Dispatch, organize your logic into View Controllers, delight users with multi-touch gestures and photo manipulation, and offer services to other apps through iOS 8 Extensions. You'll also learn the fine arts of testing, debugging, and the care and feeding of your app before submitting to the App Store--and after it's in the public's hands.
The iOS 8 SDK changes everything. Change with it. It's only getting better.
What You Need:
- This title covers the iOS 8 SDK and Xcode 6. Readers will need a Mac with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), or later, and Xcode 6 (free from the Mac App Store).
2. Building Adaptive User Interfaces
3. Programming in Swift for iOS
4. Testing Apps
5. Presenting Data in Table Views
6. Waiting for Things to Happen with Closures
7. Doing Two Things at Once with Closures
8. Growing Our Application
9. Navigating Between View Controllers
10. Taking Advantage of Large Screens
11. Recognizing Gestures
12. Working with Photos
13. Launching, Backgrounding, and Extensions
14. Debugging Apps
15. Publishing to the App Store