- eBook:ASP.NET 4.0 in Practice
- Author:Daniele Bochicchio, Stefano Mostarda, Marco De Sanctis
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:May 24, 2011
- Pages:504 pages
About the Technology
ASP.NET is an established technology to build web applications using Microsoft products. It drives a number of enterprise-level web sites around the world, but it can be scaled for projects of any size. The new version 4.0 is an evolutionary step: you will find a lot of new features that you will be able to leverage to build better web applications with minimal effort.
About the Book
ASP.NET is a massive framework that requires a large amount of know-how from developers. Fortunately, this book distills over 100 practical ASP.NET techniques from the experience of a team of MVPs, and puts them right at your fingertips.
The techniques are tested and selected for their usefulness, and they are all presented in a simple problem-solution-discussion format. You'll discover methods for key new subjects like data integration with Entity Framework and ASP.NET MVC. Along the way, you'll also find ways to make your applications fast and secure.
This book is written for developers familiar with the basics of ASP.NET, looking to become more productive with it.
- The Identity Map pattern in EF 4
- Use Master Pages to define a common UI
- Adaptive Rendering
- Save user login data securely
- ......and much more
- Getting acquainted with ASP.NET 4.0
- Data access reloaded: Entity Framework
- Integrating Entity Framework and ASP.NET
- Building the user interface with ASP.NET Web Forms
- Data binding in ASP.NET Web Forms
- Custom controls
- Taking control of markup
- Introducing ASP.NET MVC
- Customizing and extending ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET security
- ASP.NET authentication and authorization
- Ajax and RIAs with ASP.NET 4.0
- Caching in ASP.NET
- Extreme ASP.NET 4.0
- Performance and optimizations