- eBook:Apache Tomcat 7 Essentials
- Author:Tanuj Khare
- Data:March 23, 2012
- Pages:294 pages
Apache Tomcat 7 Essentials follows a practical approach to teach installing, configuring, and maintaining Tomcat. It helps you to understand the middle architecture for hosting multiple websites and also provides the confidence to implement middleware support. It imparts to you the capacity to resolve migration issues and also provides regular maintenance solutions. This is the first and only book to cover upgrading to Tomcat 7 from previous versions.
The journey of the reader starts at the beginner level and ends at the expert level. The content is designed in such a way that it balances the theory and practical approach for understanding concepts related to handling middle ware and web issues.
In this book, you will go through a three-phase life cycle. The first cycle consists of installation, configuration of Tomcat 7 on different OS, and other configurations related to JDBC, port, deployment etc.
The second phase deals with the building of enterprise application setup and high availability architecture (clustering load balancing). The third and critical phase will teach you to handle critical issues, performance tuning, and best practices for various environment stacks like dev/QA/stage/production.
This book gives you a wider vision of using Tomcat 7 in web technologies and the skill to optimize their performance using Apache Tomcat 7.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to install Tomcat 7 on Windows/Linux step-by-step and resolve any issues faced during installation
- Deploy multiple applications and troubleshoot any issues that occur during deployment
- Implement best practices in the production environment and learn tricks to reduce your day to day work load
- Dig deep into high availability architecture configuration (load balancing and clustering configuration) using front end web server like Apache and IIS
- Become an expert in tuning the Tomcat for performance
- Upgrade to Tomcat 7 successfully from the previous versions
- Configure Tomcat for Dev/QA/stage/production environment and indulge into maintenance tips
- Get familiar with thread dump analysis, monitoring JVM, database and OS related issues, and diagnose Tomcat 7 issues
This book is a step-by-step tutorial for anyone wanting to learn Apache Tomcat 7 from scratch. There are plenty of illustrations and examples to escalate you from a novice to an expert with minimal strain.
Who this book is for
If you are a J2EE administrator, migration administrator, technical architect, or a project manager for a web hosting domain, and are interested in Apache Tomcat 7, then this book is for you. If you are someone responsible for installation, configuration, and management of Tomcat 7, then too, this book will be of help to you.
Chapter 2: Configuration and Deployment
Chapter 3: Performance Tuning
Chapter 4: Integration of Tomcat with the Apache Web Server
Chapter 5: Securing Tomcat 7
Chapter 6: Logging in Tomcat 7
Chapter 7: Troubleshooting in Tomcat
Chapter 8: Monitoring and Management of Tomcat 7
Chapter 9: Clustering in Tomcat 7
Chapter 10: Tomcat Upgrade
Chapter 11: Advanced Configuration for Apache Tomcat 7