- eBook:Programming iOS 5: Fundamentals of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Development, 2 edition
- Author:Matt Neuburg
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:April 1, 2012
- Pages:1014 pages
Many discussions have been expanded or improved. All code examples have been revised, and many new code examples have been added.
- The new memory management system—ARC—is thoroughly explained and all code examples have been revised to use it.
- New Objective-C features, such as declaration of instance variables in the class’s implementation section, are described and incorporated into the revised example code.
- Discussion of how an app launches, and all code examples, are revised for project templates from Xcode 4.2 and later.
- Other new Xcode features, including the Simulator’s Debug menu, are covered, with screen shots based on Xcode 4.2 and later.
- The discussion of Instruments is expanded, with screen shots—by popular request!
- Storyboards are explained and discussed.
- The explanation of view controllers is completely rewritten to include iOS 5 features, such as custom parent view controllers and UIPageViewController.
- The Controls chapter now includes iOS 5 interface customizability and the appearance proxy.
- New features of interface classes are discussed, including tiling and animated images, new table view features, new alert view styles.
- Coverage of frameworks such as Core Motion and AV Foundation is greatly expanded. New iOS 5 classes and frameworks are also discussed, including Core Image and UIDocument (and iCloud support).
- Important iOS 5 changes that can break existing code are explicitly called out in the text and listed in the index.
1. Just Enough C
2. Object-Based Programming
3. Objective-C Objects and Messages
4. Objective-C Classes
5. Objective-C Instances
Part II. IDE
6. Anatomy of an Xcode Project
7. Nib Management
9. Life Cycle of a Project
Part III. Cocoa
10. Cocoa Classes
11. Cocoa Events
12. Accessors and Memory Management
13. Data Communication
Part IV. Views
Part V. Interface
19. View Controllers
20. Scroll Views
21. Table Views
22. Popovers and Split Views
24. Web Views
25. Controls and Other Views
26. Modal Dialogs
Part VI. Some Frameworks
29. Music Library
30. Photo Library and Image Capture
31. Address Book
Part VII. Final Topics
36. Persistent Storage
37. Basic Networking