- eBook:Cloud Security Automation: Get to grips with automating your cloud security on AWS and OpenStack
- Author:Prashant Priyam
- Data:March 28, 2018
- Pages:334 pages
- Take your cloud security functions to the next level by automation
- Learn to automate your security functions on AWS and OpenStack
- Practical approach towards securing your workloads efficiently
Book DescriptionSecurity issues are still a major concern for all IT organizations. For many enterprises, the move to cloud computing has raised concerns for security, but when applications are architected with focus on security, cloud platforms can be made just as secure as on-premises platforms. Cloud instances can be kept secure by employing security automation that helps make your data meet your organization's security policy.
This book starts with the basics of why cloud security is important and how automation can be the most effective way of controlling cloud security. You will then delve deeper into the AWS cloud environment and its security services by dealing with security functions such as Identity and Access Management and will also learn how these services can be automated. Moving forward, you will come across aspects such as cloud storage and data security, automating cloud deployments, and so on. Then, you'll work with OpenStack security modules and learn how private cloud security functions can be automated for better time- and cost-effectiveness. Toward the end of the book, you will gain an understanding of the security compliance requirements for your Cloud.
By the end of this book, you will have hands-on experience of automating your cloud security and governance.
What you will learn
- Define security for public and private cloud services
- Address the security concerns of your cloud
- Understand Identity and Access Management
- Get acquainted with cloud storage and network security
- Improve and optimize public and private cloud security
- Automate cloud security
- Understand the security compliance requirements of your cloud
Who This Book Is ForThis book is targeted at DevOps Engineers, Security professionals, or any stakeholders responsible for securing cloud workloads. Prior experience with AWS or OpenStack will be an advantage.
Chapter 2: Understanding the World of Cloud Automation
Chapter 3: Identity and Access Management in the Cloud
Chapter 4: Cloud Network Security
Chapter 5: Cloud Storage and Data Security
Chapter 6: Cloud Platform Security
Chapter 7: Private Cloud Security
Chapter 8: Automating Cloud Security
Chapter 9: Cloud Compliance