- eBook:WordPress 3 Search Engine Optimization
- Author:Michael David
- Data:April 26, 2011
- Pages:344 pages
- Discover the SEO secrets you need to get your WordPress site to the top of the search engines
- Learn everything from keyword research and link building to customer conversions in this complete guide
- Packed with real-word examples to help get your site get noticed by Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- How to employ WordPress' built-in community building features
- How to extend WordPress' functionality to harness social media to build your site
- This easy-to-read guide takes you step-by-step through the process of building a search engine-friendly WordPress site
WordPress is a powerful platform for creating feature-rich and attractive websites and blogs; but with a little extra tweaking and effort your WordPress site can dominate the search engines and bring thousands of new customers to your blog or business.
WordPress3.0 Search Engine Optimization will show you the secrets that professional SEO companies use to take websites to the top of search results and proliferate their business. You'll be able to take your WordPress blog/site to the next level, as well as brush aside even the stiffest competition with this book in hand.
We'll begin with a typical WordPress installation and with a variety of simple techniques, turn it into a powerful website that search engines will reward with high rankings.
We'll go further: with advanced plug-ins we'll connect your WordPress site to popular social media sites and expand the reach of your site to bring more visitors. You'll learn about dozens of free online tools to accomplish everything from keyword research to monitoring your ranking progress.
WordPress is a great start for building search-friendly sites. However, with the tools in this book, you'll get your website/blog noticed by numerous new users/customers or your target audience.
What you will learn from WordPress 3 Search Engine Optimization
- Understand the elements that search engines use to rank websites and how to optimize you site for premium placement
- Empower your site with the functionality of social media sites to extend its reach and gain more visitors
- Discover the high-volume, high-value search phrases that customers use
- Learn to avoid dangerous black-hat optimization techniques
- Build high-quality, high-value links from other websites to raise your rankings in search engines
- Create optimized and engaging content that both search engines and readers will love
- Avoid common SEO mistakes that can get your site penalized by search engines
- Acquire web video for higher rankings and more visitors
- Learn to test your site and monitor your progress
- Harness the power of third-party plugins to turn your WordPress blog into a high-powered ranking machine
This is a practical, hands-on book based around sound SEO techniques specifically applied to WordPress. Each chapter starts with a brief overview of the important concepts then quickly moves into practical step-by-step actions you can take immediately. Throughout the book, you'll get clear instructions and detailed screenshots, so you can see exactly what to do each step of the way.
Chapter 2: Customizing WordPress Settings for SEO
Chapter 3: Researching and Working with Keywords
Chapter 4: Understanding Technical Optimization
Chapter 5: Creating Optimized and Engaging Content
Chapter 6: Link Building
Chapter 7: Using Social Media
Chapter 8: Avoiding the Black Hat Techniques
Chapter 9: Avoiding SEO Mistakes
Chapter 10: Testing Your Site and Monitoring Your Progress