- eBook:WordPress 3 Complete
- Author:April Hodge Silver
- Data:January 21, 2011
- Pages:344 pages
- Learn everything you need for creating your own feature-rich website or blog from scratch
- Clear and practical explanations of all aspects of WordPress
- In-depth coverage of installation, themes, plugins, and syndication
- Explore WordPress as a fully functional content management system
- Clear, easy-to-follow, concise; rich with examples and screenshots
- Install WordPress in a variety of environments
- Upgrade WordPress from older installations
- Add images, videos, tags, and categories to blog posts
- Personalize and control the content of your website
- Manage the look and feel of your site with customized themes
- Allow users to have a variety of control over content
- Link your website to the outside world through feeds, syndication, and podcasting
- Create custom post types to manage books, movies, people, or anything else you can imagine
- Design and create your own themes and plugins from scratch
This a comprehensive step-by-step tutorial packed with screenshots and examples for easy and quick pickup.
Who this book is written for
This book is a guide to WordPress for both beginners and those who have slightly more advanced knowledge of WordPress. If you are new to blogging and want to create your own blog or website in a simple and straightforward manner, then this book is for you. It is also for people who want to learn to customize and expand the capabilities of a WordPress website.
You do not require any detailed knowledge of programming or web development, and any IT-confident user will be able to use the book to produce an impressive website.
In DetailUsing the WordPress Content Management System, you can create a beautiful, dynamic, and amazing website. WordPress is a flexible and powerful tool that's ideal for creating both blog and non-blog websites. You can customize the features, incorporate your own design, and even write your own plugins with ease. Its versatility and ease of use have attracted a large, enthusiastic, and helpful community of users.
Wordpress 3 Complete will teach you everything you need to know both to get started with WordPress and also to unlock its massive hidden powers. This book will give you a rapid and straightforward introduction to the rich and powerful features of WordPress and will also get you up and running with WordPress quickly and painlessly. It will help you learn everything WordPress has to offer, from the ground up, so that you can build your own complete website.
WordPress 3 Complete begins from scratch, starting with how to install WordPress, all the way to the most advanced topics such as creating your own themes, writing plugins, and including custom post types in your website.
Starting with downloading and installing the core WordPress software, you will take a detailed look at WordPress settings and also choose the settings that will work best for your website or blog. After that, the book will teach you all about content management functionality for your site – from posts and pages to categories and tags, all the way to links, media, menus, images, galleries, and more. Finally, you'll learn how to create your own themes and plugins to enhance the overall functionality of your website.
Once you're done with WordPress 3 Complete, you'll be an expert in everything WordPress, from content management through technical steps such as backing up your site.
Chapter 2: Getting Started
Chapter 3: Creating Blog Content
Chapter 4: Pages, Plugins, Image Galleries Menus, and More
Chapter 5: Choosing and Installing Themes
Chapter 6: Developing Your Own Theme
Chapter 7: Feeds and Podcasting
Chapter 8: Developing Plugins and Widgets
Chapter 9: Community Blogging
Chapter 10: Creating a Non-Blog Website
Chapter 11: Administrator's Reference