- eBook:Web-Based Projects that Rock the Class: Build Fully-Functional Web Apps and Learn Through Doing
- Author:Christos Karayiannis
- Edition:1st ed. edition
- Data:July 15, 2019
- Pages:506 pages
Chapters also include thorough coverage of the subject described and the full source code is provided with a consistently updated repo on GitHub, accounting for the frequent changes made to language versions. The chapter apps use HTML, jаvascript, AJAX, CSS, PHP, MySQL, Apache, Lighttpd, SSL/TLS, DDNS, Shell Programming, Sockets programming, tools such as Wireshark, and remote online tools for testing.
As you master each topic sequentially you'll fully understand the inner workings of the client-server apps and become confident in creating your own web-based apps. Whether you want to work on the web for fun, for school, or for work, Web-Based Projects that Rock the Class is a great place to start.
What You'll Learn
- Use HTML, jаvascript, CSS, PHP, AJAX and MySQL for web projects
- Set up and handle two different web servers Apache and Lighttpd
- Obtain DNS and DDNS domain names
- Apply the SSL/TLS protocols for HTTPS connections
- Test remotely with online tools your web app – then create similar tools
College and university students, and individuals interested in web programming. Ideally you will have basic experience in requesting a web page from the browser and understanding online services like e-shops, basic-level experience with Linux, knowledge of basic-level programming language principles, and basic knowledge of what a database is.
Chapter 2: Server-Side Programming with PHP
Chapter 3: Connecting Your Apache Server to the Internet
Chapter 4: Obtaining a Domain Name with DDNS
Chapter 5: The Lighttpd Web Server
Chapter 6: The MySQL Database Server
Chapter 7: Creating a Dynamic Content Web Site
Chapter 8: Implementing Secure Sockets Layer on Your Site
Chapter 9: Running Your Site with a Certificate from a Certificate Authority
Chapter 10: Running Online Services Using PHP Sockets