- eBook:Pro SharePoint 2010 Search
- Author:Josh Noble, Robert Piddocke, Dan Bakmand-Mikalski
- Edition:1st ed. edition
- Data:May 12, 2011
- Pages:520 pages
Increase your search efficiency with SharePoint 2010’s search functionality: extend the search user interface using third-party tools, and utilize analytics to improve relevancy.
This practical hands-on book is a must-have resource for anyone looking to unlock the full potential of their SharePoint server’s search capabilities.
Pro SharePoint 2010 Search empowers you to customize a SharePoint 2010 search deployment and maximize the platform’s potential for your organization.
What you’ll learn
- Design and implement effective search crawls and indexing
- Create intuitive user interfaces, and improve search findability
- Understand how to configure core SharePoint components
- Customize SharePoint’s existing search functionality
Chapter 2: Planning Your Search Deployment
Chapter 3: Setting Up the Crawler
Chapter 4: Deploying the Search Center
Chapter 5: The Search User Interface
Chapter 6: Configuring Search Settings and the User Interface
Chapter 7: Working with Search Page Layouts
Chapter 8: Searching Through the API
Chapter 9: Business Connectivity Services
Chapter 10: Relevancy and Reporting
Chapter 11: Search Extensions