- eBook:WordPress: The Missing Manual, 2 edition
- Author:Matthew MacDonald
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:July 12, 2014
- Pages:614 pages
The important stuff you need to know:
- Create your site. Get hands-on, A-to-Z instructions for building all types of websites, from classy blogs to professional-looking ecommerce sites.
- Add features. Choose from thousands of widgets and plug-ins to enhance your site’s ease of use, looks, and performance.
- Mix in multimedia. Add picture galleries, slideshows, video clips, music players, and podcasts to your pages.
- Attract an audience. Create automatic content feeds, sign up site subscribers, and help readers share your posts on social media.
- Fine-tune your content. Analyze site statistics to improve your content and reach, and to optimize your site for search engines.
- Go Mobile. Choose a theme that automatically reconfigures your site for mobile devices.
- Build a truly unique site. Learn how to customize WordPress themes to create a site that looks exactly the way you want it to.
Chapter 1: The WordPress Landscape
Chapter 2: Signing Up with WordPress.com
Chapter 3: Installing WordPress on Your Web Host
Part Two: Building a WordPress Blog
Chapter 4: Creating Posts
Chapter 5: Choosing and Polishing Your Theme
Chapter 6: Jazzing Up Your Posts
Chapter 7: Adding Pages and Menus
Chapter 8: Comments: Letting Your Readers Talk Back
Part Three: Supercharging Your Blog
Chapter 9: Getting New Features with Plug-Ins
Chapter 10: Adding Picture Galleries, Video, and Music
Chapter 11: Collaborating with Multiple Authors
Chapter 12: Attracting a Crowd
Part Four: From Blog to Website
Chapter 13: Editing Themes: The Key to Customizing Your Site
Chapter 14: Building an Advanced WordPress Site