- eBook:RxSwift: Reactive Programming with Swift
- Author:Florent Pillet, Junior Bontognali, Marin Todorov, Scott Gardner
- Edition:3 edition
- Data:March 18, 2019
- Pages:457 pages
Learn Reactive Programming in Swift with RxSwift!The popularity of reactive programming continues to grow on an ever-increasing number of platforms and languages. Rx lets developers easily and quickly build apps with code that can be understood by other Rx developers — even over different platforms.
Not only will you learn how to use the RxSwift port to create complex reactive applications on iOS, you’ll also see how to easily solve common application design issues by using RxSwift. Finally, you’ll discover how to exercise full control over the library and leverage the full power of reactive programming in your apps.
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for iOS developers who already feel comfortable with iOS and Swift, and want to dive deep into development with RxSwift.
Topics Covered in RxSwift
- Getting Started: Get an introduction to the reactive programming paradigm, learn the terminology involved and see how to begin using RxSwift in your projects.
- Event Management: Learn how to handle asynchronous event sequences via two key concepts in Rx — Observables and Observers.
- Being Selective: See how to work with various events using concepts such as filtering, transforming, combining, and time operators.
- UI Development: RxSwift makes it easy to work with the UI of your apps using RxCocoa, which provides an integration of both UIKit and Cocoa.
- Intermediate Topics: Level up your RxSwift knowledge with chapters on reactive networking, multi-threading, and error handling.
- Advanced Topics: Round out your RxSwift education by learning about MVVM app architecture, scene-based navigation, and exposing data via services.And much, much more!
Chapter 1: Hello, RxSwift!
Chapter 2: Observables
Chapter 3: Subjects
Chapter 4: Observables & Subjects in Practice
Section II: Operators & Best Practices
Chapter 5: Filtering Operators
Chapter 6: Filtering Operators in Practice
Chapter 7: Transforming Operators
Chapter 8: Transforming Operators in Practice
Chapter 9: Combining Operators
Chapter 10: Combining Operators in Practice
Chapter 11: Time-Based Operators
Section III: iOS Apps with RxCocoa
Chapter 12: Beginning RxCocoa
Chapter 13: Intermediate RxCocoa
Section IV: Intermediate RxSwift/RxCocoa
Chapter 14: Error Handling in Practice
Chapter 15: Intro to Schedulers
Chapter 16: Testing with RxTest
Chapter 17: Creating Custom Reactive Extensions
Section V: RxSwift Community Cookbook
Chapter 18: Table & Collection Views
Chapter 19: RxSwiftExt
Chapter 20: Action
Chapter 21: RxGesture
Chapter 22: RxRealm
Chapter 23: RxAlamofire
Section VI: Putting It All Together
Chapter 24: MVVM with RxSwift
Chapter 25: Building a Complete RxSwift App