- eBook:Realm: Building Modern Swift Apps with Realm Database
- Author:Marin Todorov
- Data:March 18, 2019
- Pages:307 pages
Learn Realm Database on iOS!Realm finds the sweet spot between the simplicity of storing data as JSON on disk and using heavy, slow ORMs that are built on top of SQLite. And although the Realm documentation is pretty complete, you need a more detailed approach to help you learn how to leverage Realm properly in your app.Realm: Building Modern Swift Apps with Realm Database is here to help! This book is the easiest and fastest way to get hands-on experience with using Realm Database in your apps. The book will even gently introduce you to syncing your data real-time over to a server or to other iOS devices and even Android!
Who This Book Is ForThis book is for anyone who would like to leverage the power of Realm Database in their apps or get started with Realm Cloud. The book starts with a gentle introduction, then moves on to more complicated scenarios, including migrations, real-time sync and more.
Topics Covered in Realm: Building Modern Swift Apps with Realm Database
- Object Basics and Data Types: Go deeper into Realm’s Swift API and discover the available classes and their methods to understand Realm’s superpowers.
- Schema Relationships: Learn all about building powerful and efficient relationships between objects.
- Notifications and Reactive Apps: See how to leverage Realm’s built-in notification APIs to deliver notifications to any observers.
- Multiple Realms / Shared Realms: Use multiple configurations, read and write data, and explore new topics like sharing data in your app.
- Dependency Injection and Testing: Learn how to use dependency injection, and how to write both synchronous and asynchronous tests in your app.
- Schema Migrations: See how you can migrate the schema of a Realm file as it evolves alongside your app.
- (NEW) Extending Realm: Learn how to extend the database SDK with your own custom developed features that answer your specific development needs.
- Real-Time Sync: Get started with Realm Cloud and learn how to apply your existing Realm Database skills to Realm Cloud.
Chapter 1: Hello, Realm!
Chapter 2: Your First Realm App
Section II: Creating a Realm Data Model
Chapter 3: Object Basics & Data Types
Chapter 4: Schema Relationships
Section III: Working with Realm Data
Chapter 5: Reading & Writing Objects
Chapter 6: Notifications & Reactive Apps
Section IV: Intermediate Realm Apps
Chapter 7: Realm Configurations
Chapter 8: Multiple Realms / Shared Realms
Chapter 9: Dependency Injection & Testing
Section V: Advanced Realm Apps
Chapter 10: Effective Multi-threading
Chapter 11: Beginning Realm Migrations
Chapter 12: Advanced Schema Migrations
Chapter 13: Extending Realm with Custom Features
Section VI: Realm Cloud
Chapter 14: Real-Time Sync with Realm Cloud