Description of Coaching for Equity: Conversations That Change Practice ebook
If we hope to interrupt educational inequities and create schools in which every child thrives, we must open our hearts to purposeful conversation and hone our skills to make those conversations effective. With characteristic honesty and wisdom, Elena Aguilar inspires us to commit to transforming our classrooms, lays bare the hidden obstacles to equity, and helps us see how to overcome these obstacles, one conversation at a time.
Coaching for Equity is packed with the resources necessary to implement Transformational Coaching in any organization. In addition to an updated coaching framework and corresponding rubrics, a comprehensive set of coaching tools puts success in every coach’s hands. Extensive personal narratives demonstrate what coaching for equity looks like and help us see how we can make every conversation count towards building a more just and equitable world.
Coaching for Equity covers critical topics in the larger conversation about racial equity, and helps readers develop the knowledge, dispositions and skills to be able to:
- Talk productively about race,
- Build trust to support vulnerability,
- Unpack mental models and change someone’s mind,
- Observe classrooms and collect data to support equitable outcomes,
- Inspire others and deepen commitment,
- Evaluate and celebrate growth.
Comprehensive, concrete, and deeply human, Coaching for Equity is the guide for those who choose to accept responsibility for interrupting inequities in schools. It is for all educators who know there is a better way.
2. Jumping into Coaching for Equity
3. How to Understand Race, Racism, and White Supremacy
4. How to Talk About Race
5. What You Need to Know about Adult Learners
6. How to Change Someone’s Mind
7. What You Need to Know about Emotions
8. What You Need to Know about Identity
9. Surfacing Current Reality
10. Recognizing Impact
11. Exploring Emotions
12. Creating New Practices
Download pdf, epub, Coaching for Equity: Conversations That Change Practice