- eBook:Privacy, Regulations, and Cybersecurity: The Essential Business Guide
- Author:Chris Moschovitis
- Edition:1 edition
- Data:February 24, 2021
- Pages:416 pages
Description of Privacy, Regulations, and Cybersecurity: The Essential Business Guide ebook
Privacy, Regulations, and Cybersecurity: The Essential Business Guide is your guide to understanding what “privacy” really means in a corporate environment: how privacy is different from cybersecurity, why privacy is essential for your business, and how to build privacy protections into your overall cybersecurity plan.
First, author Chris Moschovitis walks you through our evolving definitions of privacy, from the ancient world all the way to the General Law on Data Protection (GDPR). He then explains?in friendly, accessible language?how to orient your preexisting cybersecurity program toward privacy, and how to make sure your systems are compliant with current regulations.
This book?a sequel to Moschovitis’ well-received Cybersecurity Program Development for Business?explains which regulations apply in which regions, how they relate to the end goal of privacy, and how to build privacy into both new and existing cybersecurity programs. Keeping up with swiftly changing technology and business landscapes is no easy task. Moschovitis provides down-to-earth, actionable advice on how to avoid dangerous privacy leaks and protect your valuable data assets.
- Learn how to design your cybersecurity program with privacy in mind
- Apply lessons from the GDPR and other landmark laws
- Remain compliant and even get ahead of the curve, as privacy grows from a buzzword to a business must
- Learn how to protect what’s of value to your company and your stakeholders, regardless of business size or industry
- Understand privacy regulations from a business standpoint, including which regulations apply and what they require
- Think through what privacy protections will mean in the post-COVID environment
CHAPTER 1 Understanding Privacy
CHAPTER 2 A (Very) Brief History of Privacy
CHAPTER 3 The Legal Case for Privacy (the Finer Print)
CHAPTER 4 Introduction to Regulations
CHAPTER 5 North American Regulations
CHAPTER 6 European Regulations
CHAPTER 7 Asia-Pacific Regulations
CHAPTER 8 African Regulations
CHAPTER 9 South American Regulations
PART THREE—Privacy and Cybersecurity
CHAPTER 10 Introduction to Cybersecurity
CHAPTER 11 A Cybersecurity Primer
CHAPTER 12 Privacy-Centric Cybersecurity Program Overview
CHAPTER 13 Privacy by Design Overview
CHAPTER 14 Cover Your Assets!
CHAPTER 15 Threat Assessment
CHAPTER 16 Vulnerabilities
CHAPTER 17 Environments
CHAPTER 18 Controls
CHAPTER 19 Incident Response
CHAPTER 20 Welcome to the Future! Now, Go Home!
Download pdf, epub, Privacy, Regulations, and Cybersecurity: The Essential Business Guide