Description of Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action, Sixth Edition ebook
New to This Edition
- Many of the social policy discussions (including immigration, LGBTQ rights, the Affordable Care Act, and Internet neutrality) have been updated to reflect the most recent government actions and debates.
- More recent data, and new data sources, have been incorporated throughout, both in the main narrative and in the "Exploring Social Problems" features.
- New "Voices in the Community" subjects on gender, work and the economy, and war and terrorism appear in several chapters.
- New "In Focus" topics include Black Lives Matters, assault weapons, and college drug problems.
- The chapter on gender has been substantially updated with new or expanded coverage of binary/cisgender/transgender identification, gender nonconformity discrimination, sexual misconduct on college campuses, and the rights of trans and intersex individuals.
- Other new or expanded coverage elsewhere includes economic anxiety, robotization in the workplace, white nationalists, feminist theories about race, "fake" news, net neutrality, community policing, gentrification and segregation in U.S. cities, and the immigration and environmental policies of the Trump administration.
PART I - THE BASES OF INEQUALITY
Chapter 2. Social Class
Chapter 3. Race and Ethnicity
Chapter 4. Gender
Chapter 5. Sexual Orientation
Chapter 6. Age and Aging
PART II - OUR SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Chapter 7. Families
Chapter 8. Education
Chapter 9. Work and the Economy
Chapter 10. Health and Medicine
Chapter 11. The Media
PART III - OUR SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL WORLDS
Chapter 12. Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Chapter 13. Crime and Criminal Justice
Chapter 14. Urbanization and Population Growth
Chapter 15. The Environment
Chapter 16. War and Terrorism
PART IV - INDIVIDUAL ACTION AND SOCIAL CHANGE
Chapter 17. Social Problems and Social Action
Download pdf, epub, Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action, Sixth Edition