- eBook:Energy Transition, 2nd Edition
- Author:Bertrand Cassoret
- Edition:2 edition
- Data:February 23, 2021
- Pages:163 pages
Description of Energy Transition, 2nd Edition ebook
The book discusses the links between the economy and energy. It explains the drawbacks and dangers of different energy sources and tries to compare them. By reviewing future energy resources, it evaluates several transition scenarios.
The book shows that the laws of physics prevent the emergence of simple, pleasant solutions, but it proposes potential solutions and encourages readers to develop better processes from energy sources to production to consumption.
This book will be of interest to engineers and undergraduate and graduate students studying and working in various fields of energy; producers of fossil, gas, oil, coal, electric, renewable, and nuclear energy; and anyone interested in better understanding these fundamental problems for our future.
- Discusses the current issues with energy transition
- Covers several energy transition scenarios and their associated difficulties
- Presents the links between economy and energy
- Highlights the importance of a global discussion of energy
- Encourages the development of better, improved processes in energy sources from production to consumption
Chapter 2. Energy Consumption in France and across the World
Chapter 3. The Importance of Energy
Chapter 4. Pollution, Risks and Problems Related to Energy Sources
Chapter 5. A Comparison of Energy Sources: Related Dangers and Issues
Chapter 6. Energy Resources
Chapter 7. Energy Transition Scenarios
Chapter 8. Energy Efficiency and Sobriety
Chapter 9. Money, Too Expensive
Chapter 10. Energy Myths and Legends
Chapter 11. So, What Should We Do?
Chapter 12. Conclusion, Prospects
Download pdf, epub, Energy Transition, 2nd Edition