Description of It’s a Numberful World: How Math Is Hiding Everywhere ebook
What makes a rainbow round?
How is a pancreas . . . like a pendulum?
Publisher's note: It's a Numberful World was published in Australia under the title Woo's Wonderful World of Maths.
These may not look like math questions, but they are—because they all have to do with patterns. And mathematics, at heart, is the study of patterns.
That realization changed Eddie Woo’s life—by turning the “dry” subject he dreaded in high school into a boundless quest for discovery. Now an award-winning math teacher, Woo sees patterns everywhere: in the “branches” of blood vessels and lightning, in the growth of a savings account and a sunflower, even in his morning cup of tea!
Here are twenty-six bite-size chapters on the hidden mathematical marvels that encrypt our email, enchant our senses, and even keep us alive—from the sine waves we hear as “music” to the mysterious golden ratio.
This book will change your mind about what math can be. We are all born mathematicians—and It’s a Numberful World.
2. THE HEAVENLY CIRCLE
3. MUSIC TO MY EARS
4. LIGHTNING THROUGH YOUR VEINS
5. TEACUPS AND (ALMOST) INFINITE MONEY
6. E IS A MAGIC NUMBER
7. WHAT SUNFLOWERS KNOW ABOUT THE UNIVERSE
8. WILL THE REAL GOLDEN SEQUENCE PLEASE STAND UP
9. WHAT DO YOU CALL A COMEDIAN TYING THEIR SHOELACES?
10. UNBREAKABLE LOCKS
11. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
12. PRECOGNITION FOR DUMMIES
13. KILLER BUTTERFLIES
14. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED
15. STARS IN YOUR EYES
16. DEFICIENT, PERFECT, ABUNDANT
17. THE PERIODIC TABLE OF NUMBERS
18. CONSPIRACY THEORY
19. WHAT IS PROOF, ANYWAY?
20. SIX IS A CROWD
21. MY PHONE, THE LIAR
23. MAGIC WITHOUT MISDIRECTION
24. MATH ERROR
25. WHY AREN’T LEFT-HANDERS EXTINCT?
26. HOW YOUR PANCREAS IS LIKE A PENDULUM
Download pdf, epub, It’s a Numberful World: How Math Is Hiding Everywhere