- eBook:Okta Administration: Up and Running: Implement enterprise-grade identity and access management for on-premises and cloud apps
- Author:Lovisa Stenb?cken Stjernl?f, HenkJan de Vries
- Data:December 8, 2020
- Pages:268 pages
Description of Okta Administration: Up and Running ebook
- Learn how to use Okta for complete identity and access management in your organization
- Use single sign-on, multifactor authentication, and life cycle management for enhanced security
- Set up, manage, and audit API access policies
Book DescriptionIAM, short for identity and access management, is a set of policies and technologies for ensuring the security of an organization through careful role and access assignment for users and devices. With this book, you'll get up and running with Okta, an identity and access management (IAM) service that you can use for both employees and customers.
Once you've understood how Okta can be used as an IAM platform, you'll learn about the Universal Directory, which covers how to integrate other directories and applications and set up groups and policies. As you make progress, the book explores Okta's single sign-on (SSO) feature and multifactor authentication (MFA) solutions. Finally, you will delve into API access management and discover how you can leverage Advanced Server Access for your cloud servers and Okta Access Gateway for your on-premises applications.
By the end of this Okta book, you'll have learned how to implement Okta to enhance your organization's security and be able to use this book as a reference guide for the Okta certification exam.
What you will learn
- Understand different types of users in Okta and how to place them in groups
- Set up SSO and MFA rules to secure your IT environment
- Get to grips with the basics of end-user functionality and customization
- Find out how provisioning and synchronization with applications work
- Explore API management, Access Gateway, and Advanced Server Access
- Become well-versed in the terminology used by IAM professionals
Who this book is forIf you are an IT consultant, business decision-maker, system administrator, system and security engineer, or anyone who wishes to use Okta to plan, design, and implement identity and access management solutions, this book is for you. A basic understanding of authentication and authorization is necessary.
Chapter 1: IAM and Okta
Chapter 2: Working with Universal Directory
Chapter 3: Single Sign-On for a Great End User Experience
Chapter 4: Increasing Security with Adaptive Multi-Factor Authentication
Chapter 5: Automating Using Life Cycle Management
Chapter 6: Customizing Your Okta GUI
Section 2: Extending Okta
Chapter 7: API Management
Chapter 8: Managing Access with Advanced Server Access
Chapter 9: Leveraging Access Gateway for Your On-Premises Applications
Download pdf, epub, Okta Administration: Up and Running